"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1 3-4 (NIV)
Grief Share is a 13-week support group for adults who are grieving the death of a loved one. In a Christ-centered and safe environment, participants learn valuable information about loss and grief, share with others who understand their pain, and begin their recovery from grief with renewed hope for the future.
We currently do not have a Grief Share support group, but you can find a group in the local area by going to www.griefshare.org/.
Individual grief counseling can be obtained through the Counseling Center.
Other secular grief resources are provided by:
- Capital Hospice Grief and Loss Center (for individual counseling, support groups for adults and children and counseling services to homebound elderly persons) - 1-800-869-2136 or http://www.capitalhospice.org/.
- Fairfax Chapter of The Compassionate Friends (for people who have lost children) - 703-622-3639 or www.tcffairfax.org. Meeting the first Wednesday of every month as St. Mary's Church Hall, Fairfax.
- Fairfax County Police Department Homicide Support Group (for anyone who has lost a loved one due to homicide) - 703-246-2141
- Grief Program of Fairfax County (for individual grief counseling, training on grief-related issues, crisis response, consultations) - 703/866-2119
- Haven of Northern Virginia (for individual grief counseling and support groups free of charge) - 703-941-7000
- Hispanic Committee of Virginia (for the Hispanic Community including counseling referrals) 703-0671-5666.